At Healthy Rest Mattress, we sell a variety of all natural pillows to help our customers achieve the most restful, comfortable sleep with our products. There are plenty of benefits to sleeping with a high density memory foam pillow, even if you don’t have the matching mattress to go along with it.
- Reduces neck cramps: Do you ever wake up with your neck feeling exceptionally stiff or painfully tweaked? A natural memory foam pillow will provide the support you need to keep your neck in a comfortable, natural position all night long.
- Promotes spine alignment: Not only will a high density memory foam pillow keep your neck from twisting in awkward positions, it will also help keep your spine in the proper alignment while you sleep.
- No adjustment necessary: A memory foam pillow does not require constant flipping, fluffing, or adjusting throughout the night. This will allow for a more relaxing sleep, as you’re not constantly restless making adjustments to your pillow.
- No more snoring: Since your head, neck, and spine are all in proper alignment, you can drastically reduce heavy snoring with the use of a memory foam pillow. This not only makes your sleep more restful, but it also keeps your significant other at peace too.
Your bedroom should be one of the most “zen” places in your home, as it’s the primary place you go to rest every single night. Creating a relaxing space within your bedroom can not only help you feel calmer, but you’ll be able to chill out much easier knowing that you’re in a space that is comforting. Below are several things you can do to create a more mindful, relaxing sleeping space.
- It’s all about the bed: Your bed is the key point in your bedroom, as that is the main piece of furniture you use. You’ll want your bedding to be comfortable so that you don’t feel like you’re sleeping on a bed of rocks every single night. At Healthy Rest Mattress, we offer a variety of all natural pillows and mattresses to provide sustainable comfort and support to your sleeping habits.
- Keep it light: Plan the light in your bedroom carefully and opt to let in as much natural light as possible during the day. Avoid overhead lights, as they can be too harsh and unflattering, and instead go for some smaller lamps to highlight important areas. Be sure to avoid florescent lights and stick with a warmer, yellow light.
- Clean your room: Dirty, dusty surfaces can wreak havoc on your mood, even when you least expect it. By keeping your bedroom clean and organized on a regular basis, you’ll always feel good stepping into the room knowing all of the clutter and disorganization is no more. Waking up in a clean room can help set your mood in the right direction as well since you’re not overwhelming yourself with the sight of last week’s mess.
Switching to an all natural mattress is only one step on the path to the best restful sleep of your life. There are a variety of night-time habits that you can change in order to fall asleep easier and feel better rested in the morning.
Though it may seem like a simple task, it’s extremely important to turn off ALL of the lights when it’s time to go to bed. That also means no phone or TV in bed, as the blue light radiating from the screens can mess up your melatonin production and prevent you from falling into that deep, restful sleep you desire. Sleep masks and light blocking curtains are also great for those living in areas where it’s not always easy to shut off all external light sources.
Your nightly process has a lot to do with the quality of sleep you get as well. If your nightly routine involves watching TV until you pass out on the couch for a few hours, which might not be the best. Instead, shut the power off and get yourself ready for bed. Even something as simple as changing into your PJs and washing your face can help your mind transition to a more restful state.
Though switching to an all-natural pillow may not seem like a huge change overall, it can be extremely beneficial to those who are prone to allergies or are sensitive to chemicals. An all-natural high density memory foam pillow will not only allow you to breathe better, but sleep more comfortably as well.
The added support of memory foam will mold to help support your neck and shoulders without falling flat overtime. The renewable materials will also prevent you from experiencing chemical irritations when you sleep. Rather than breathing in harsh chemicals and strong plastic smells, you’ll be able to breathe deeply knowing you aren’t inhaling toxins every single night. Our family owned mattress company is committed to the health and safety of our customers and we believe that a restful sleep can be achieved without all the fancy bells and whistles of mass produced products.
At Healthy Rest Mattress, all of our natural pillows are crafted with bamboo fibres and an aloe vera wash so you’ll always be in your most comfortable state while you sleep. Visit HealthyRestMattress.com today to shop our entire collection of natural pillows and mattresses that will help you achieve the best sleep of your life.
Giving yourself the proper time to wind down and complete your nightly routine is essential to getting your best sleep every night. The better sleep you get, the better you’ll feel in the morning and throughout your day. If you struggle with getting to sleep at night or find yourself passing out on the couch at the drop of a hat for half the night, a structured, mindful routine can help you get yourself relaxed and in bed when you need to be.
- Make time to wind down: Our brains are constantly overloaded with stimulation throughout the day with emails, phone calls, television, browsing the internet, etc. If you try to go to sleep without giving your mind some time to process everything and relax, your brain will still be buzzing with the day’s activities and thoughts. Shutting off the TV, taking a bath, practicing yoga, and reading a book at least an hour before bedtime are all great ways to help your mind wind down.
- Eat and drink with sleep in mind: Do your best to avoid caffeine the closer you get to bedtime. Though there’s nothing wrong with a small cup of coffee with desert, be mindful of what time you’re drinking that coffee in relation to bed time and switch to decaf if you plan to be in bed within a couple hours after. It’s also a good idea to avoid eating a heavier meal closer to bedtime if it can be helped. If your day leaves you with having a later dinner than usual, opt for something lighter that will fill you up, but not feel heavy in your stomach hours after.
Most importantly, you’ll want to have a comfortable eco-friendly mattress to sleep on when it finally comes time for bed. At HealthyRestMattress.com, we have a variety of chemical free mattresses that will ensure you receive the best, healthy sleep of your life.